November 15, 2012
- good health - when I have a bad head ache, I am reminded how merciful God is to grant me such good health for so many years. This is something not to take for granted. I pray for my many of my dear friends who are suffering with cancer or other health issues.
- sunshine - the weather may be cold, but sunshine always makes you feel more cheery and gives you a brighter outlook. I am thankful for physical sunshine and for spiritual Sonshine - May the Lord make His face to shine upon us today!
- The Lord is my portion - He really is all that I need! I can trust Him to supply every need that I have and to establish my thoughts, my going, my paths, as I lay my works and plans before His feet each day!
- Thy thoughts are good, and Thou art kind, E'en when we think it not; How many an anxious, faithless mind Sits grieving o'er its lot, And frets, and pines by day and night, As God had lost it out of sight, And all its wants forgot. P. GERHARDT.
~Daily Strength for Daily Needs (Kindle Locations 2301-2303).
- Today marks my oldest son's 34th birthday! How good God is to allow us to enjoy our children for many years, for having the privilege of living near them and the joy of seeing them walk in truth. For this I am truly thankful! He is currently the director at Cross Roads Rescue Mission. His heart is to reach the unlovely for the Lord.
- I am thankful for sleep. I was tired after a long week of extra activities so when bed time came, I was ready. But, I was not able to sleep and tossed and turned most of the night. This makes me all the more thankful for a good night's rest. Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. PTL we can sleep peacefully knowing that He never slumbers or sleeps but continually watches over us!
- How privileged we are to hear the faithful teaching and preaching of God's Word! May I never take this for granted, but ask God to continue to protect our freedom, ask Him to speak to my heart through the preaching of His Word, ask Him to help me not to hoard it, but to share it with others.
- Friendship - I have a friend from Kindergarten. Joy is her name and she has been a joy in that she is a faithful, genuine friend. She has made it a point to keep up with me over the years. What a blessing to have life long friends. I have found many other friends from earlier years through facebook. We are truly blessed even through technology that God has given us today.
- God is our greatest friend and He will never leave us or forsake us! We can be content because of this promise. Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
- James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
- Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
- Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
- John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. - I pray I will be a true friend of Jesus by obeying His commandments - they are not grievous! 1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.