- Pray that their love will abound more and more in knowledge. Pray they will love God more and more as they get to know him and that they will have discernment between right and wrong.
- .Pray they will approve things that are excellent. I don't want my children or grandchildren to be just good people but I would like them to discern what is more excellent are the best the best of the good so to speak I don't want them to live carnal lives I also need to ask the Lord to change me so that I will be a godly example.
- Pray they will be sincere, in other words, real and not hypocritical.
- Pray they will be without offense, that is that they won't stumble in their walk with the Lord so as to offend others. Pray they escape temptations as the Lord has promised that he would make a way for them. (1 Cor. 10:13) Pray that they will rise up when they fall (Pr. 24:16) and that they will confess their sins to God and to others when necessary.
- Pray they will do all the above consistently, daily and take at stand for truth until Christ returns.
- Pray that they will continually be filled with the fruits of righteousness. In Galatians 5:22-23, we see the main fruits of righteousness: love, joy peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; pray that they will live holy lives before the Lord and before others.
What wonderful things to pray for our children and grandchildren for others and even for ourselves!
Here are some other ways to pray for your children and grandchildren.