I am thankful for the Lords, goodness, His mercy, and His Truth!
I am thankful that God's Word will never pass away and that we have the opportunity to hide it in our hearts now!
- Psalms 100:4-5 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
- Why are we to enter his gates with thanksgiving and praise? Because:
- The LORD is good
- His mercy is everlasting
- His truth endureth to all generations - His Word will never pass away!
- Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
- Colossians 3:16-17 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- I can teach and admonish others in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs
- I can sing with grace in my heart the Lord
- I can do everything - my words and my deeds, in the name of the Lord Jesus
- I need to continually give thanks to God and the Father by Him (Jesus)
November 28, 2012
I am giving thanks to God for the cold I now have because it reminds me that He has given me good health for so many years and this is something not to be taken for granted. I praise Him that I can function normally with a cold, although I may not feel top notch, while others are suffering greatly.
I thank Him for the attitude of gratitude that I see in others that I know who suffer daily with health needs. They are a blessing and an inspiration to me. They show me that it is possible to give thanks in everything!
- Psalms 103:1-5 <<A Psalm of David.>> Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
- Psalms 147:3-5 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names. Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
Linking up HERE (30 days to give thanks) and HERE.(30 days of Praise)