Thoughts from Genesis 32 - 33 Jacob and Esau
- As God was merciful to Jacob He is ever merciful to me day by day 32:10
- Jacob knew that his children were a gracious gift from God - this is something we should never forget. Our children are a precious gift from God. 33:5
- Genesis 33:11 Take, I pray thee, my blessing that is brought to thee; because God hath dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough. And he urged him, and he took it. Jacob knew God's Grace. Jacob desired to give because God had given to him over abundantly. Jacob wanted to share God's blessings and he urged his brother to take the gift. How often do I urge others to take the blessing of the gift of salvation? How often have I shared what God hath graciously given to me?
- God knows how much I need and He has always given me more than enough.
- Esau did take the material blessings, but he never did partake of the Spiritual blessing. We must urge others of the importance of obeying God. Time is short.