Jabez was a man of sorrows:
1 Chronicles 4:9-10 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
Jabez was born in sorrow. What that sorrow was, we know not. But even in our sorrow we ought always to turn to the God of Israel.
- Jesus, Himself, was a man of sorrows. Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, ...
- Jesus knows and feels our every need.
- Do not allow sorrow to make your bitter
- Our days are few (James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.) What few days we have on this earth are often filled with sorrow, travail, and grief. That will not change in this sinful earth, but we can have fullness of joy in the Lord. See: Ps. 16:11; Ps. 21:1; Ps. 30:5; ps. 51:12; Pas. 126:5; Is. 12:3; Is. 61:10; Rom 5:11; Jn:15:11; 1Jn. 1:4
- Our prayer can bring us joy even in the midst of sorrow. John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Is there sorrow, grief, hardships, or great trials in your life? Turn to Jesus; He is the one that knows all about you and feels every sorrow that you have! Ask in His name. He promises that you will receive and that your joy will be full.