14 ways to be satisfied with life
Mark 8:4-9 And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness? And he asked them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven. And he commanded the people to sit down on the ground: and he took the seven loaves, and gave thanks, and brake, and gave to his disciples to set before them; and they did set them before the people. And they had a few small fishes: and he blessed, and commanded to set them also before them. So they did eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets. And they that had eaten were about four thousand: and he sent them away.
2. Jesus never leaves me and always has compassion on me. He will never send me away hungry although I can choose to go away hungry.
3. Perhaps some of these people did go away physically hungry thinking there would be nothing to eat if they stayed. I can be assured that there is always something to eat (spiritual food) if I am willing to stay in the presence of Jesus.
4. Even as a follower of Jesus, I often question, how can I be satisfied in the wilderness? (And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness?)
5. Jesus never asked anyone if they wanted to be satisfied with bread, but instead immediately took the bread that was available and gave thanks first of all for it.
6. Do I remember to give thanks first of all for the bread of life that is so readily available to me on a daily basis and then ask God to bless it to my soul?
7. There were seven loaves in this passage. This is the number of completion. We are complete in Him. He alone gives full satisfaction.
8. He commanded the people to sit down and those that obeyed were filled; not only were they filled, but they was some left over.
9. The Bread of Life is never depleted. We may be full for a while, but when hunger hits again we can go back for more.
10. Jesus can feed as many who are willing to come to Him. He is not willing that any should perish. It is His desire to fill everyone with the bread of life, but the choice is mine as to whether or not I want that filling.
11. Saved or Unsaved - A person can find fulness in Christ or go away hungry
12. How often Jesus beckons me to come, sit down, be filled, be satisfied, but instead I choose to go away hungry.
13. Going away hungry often makes me irritable and grouchy, or faint and tired and will affect those around me.
14. Being filled gives joy and strength beyond measure and also will affect those around me.
which cometh down from heaven,
and giveth life unto the world.
John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them,
I am the bread of life:
he that cometh to me shall never hunger;
and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.