- Compliment me, tell me what you appreciate about me. Verbally build me up in front of my friends and family.
- Tell me when I do something right or well. Reward me by your response.
- Let me make mistakes. Don't make me fell like a total failure over one or two things.
- Tell me why your respect me and admire me, both verbally; and in short notes. (Be specific)
- Meet me at the door when I come home. Wait at least 15 minutes before unloading on me.
- Listen to me without comment or criticism.
- Participate or watch me doing what I like to do ( Sports or Hobbies)
- Surprise me with a special treat (candy bar, dessert, favorite meal)
- Rub my shoulders, forehead, back or feet.
- Ask me about my work, show an interest.
- Pray with me.
- Respond to my hugs and kisses. Melt in my arms.
Are You Still "wild" about the man you married?
I don't know where this came from? Do You? If so, let me know so I can give credit. These are some good things to think about and will help to build your marriage relationship.
Twelve keys to your husband's heart
We can love like we ought in our marriages when Christ is the center of our homes. He Loves you with an everlasting love.
Looking for a Special Valentine? Somebody loves you beyond measure!
Do you have a favorite family cook book. I have a family member who is a missionary in Mexico and is also a great cook! When she is in the states, we always look forward to a special Mexican meal that she cooks. She also delights in sharing many of her own recipes and others that have been passed on to her. She recently put together a cookbook and gave many of them as gifts to family members. I don't think I have ever tasted anything she made that was not yummy. Although food is very yummy our greatest desire ought to be to be filled with the Word of God for it is what satisfies us to the fullest!
Psalms 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Yes, it is wonderful to have our taste buds satisfied and to be filled with yummy tasting food, but the truth is we need to taste Spiritual food each and every day and satisfy our Spiritual taste buds. If you know Jesus as your Savior, that is how you grow, by tasting His Words every day and realizing that they are more to be desired than fine gold and sweeter than the sweetest thing on earth! If you don't know Him, I hope you will put your trust in Him today! He will give you an abundant and satisfying life!
Psalms 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
We have a quiver full and it is getting fuller! What a blessing! How about yours? What is your quiver full? We are blessed with four wonderful children, 15 grandchildren, and 2 more grandchildren due to arrive in March and August! No matter what the number, children are a blessing and a gift from God! This was a special gift we received from one of our children that I just love! It shows our quiver full and makes a great wall decoration!
Family is such a wonderful blessing from God and is the only "thing" we can take with us to eternity. I thank the Lord that each of our children know Jesus as their personal Savior and I pray daily that all of my grandchildren will one day know Him. We are thankful that many of them have already made professions. How about you? Do you know Him? Do you pray for your children to know Him? It is our responsibility to diligently teach the Word to them and the Gospel ought to be the first thing we teach them.
Smell goods! Mm-mm, aren't they nice? I received some handmade soaps and a Yankee candle for Christmas from two of my daughter- in-laws. I just love them! As I was thinking about and enjoying the sweet smells from these gifts, I was reminded of sweet incense that was offered to the Lord. Family Bible Notes defines this well:
Ps 141:2 As incense--the evening sacrifice; sweet incense was burned every morning and evening on the altar of incense. Ex 30:7-8 The evening sacrifice was, like the morning sacrifice, which it seems here to include, a daily offering. The psalmist beseeches God that his prayer may be like the daily incense and offering, in both permanency and acceptableness. It was an ordinance of the Levitical law, that sweet incense and sacrifices should be offered every morning and evening. By this God teaches us that we should worship him daily and at stated seasons; and that our prayers, offered through faith in the atonement of his Son, are fragrant and pleasant to him, like the incense offered by Aaron and his sons.
Every time I smell one of these items I want to remind myself that I need to spend quite time each day worshiping the Lord and praying to Him. This is sweet smelling and pleasant to Him.
If you Know Him you are entitled to come boldly to the throne of grace and offer your prayers to Him.
Do you have special ways to help you remember to pray for others? Recently I received some special Christmas Gifts. Each one of these are very nice gifts, but also can be used to teach or to remind me of something. One of the gifts I received is a photo pillow of four of my grand children. I just love it! It lays on my bed and every time I see it, I am reminded to pray for each one of them. Praying for their Salvation is of course very important, and there are many other things that I pray for too. Here is a good list to go by when praying for your children and grand children and a free printable bookmark to go with it. I look forward to the day when everyone of my grandchildren are saved; I look forward to spending all eternity with them!
Family time can be so much fun! If you are a grandma, one way to make memories is to take your grandchildren out on their birthday. Let them pick their favorite place to eat and then let them pick out a birthday present at one of their favorite stores. When they are young, they really love the dollar stores and this way I can allow them to pick out several items. This is something I started just a few years ago with the older grandchildren and now it is growing. This past week, I was able to take out two of my granddaughters (sisters) for belated birthdays. Their birthdays were in November and December. They are home on furlough from the country of Brazil where they serve as missionaries. Since they have to travel a lot in order to report to their supporting churches and to see other family members, we had to have a date on another day besides their birthday. But we had a fun time! I also have another granddaughter who had a birthday last week. We had a fun time together shopping at the mall and eating lunch together. This has been a great way for me, and I hope them too, to make memories. It is a time to get to know your grandchildren in an extra special way, a time to talk about the Lord to them. Many of my grandchildren have already professed Christ as their Savior. I look forward to the day when every last one of them knows Jesus. How about you? Do you know Him? Our families will be the only "thing" we can take to heaven with us. How important to make the message clear and to pray for their salvation every day.
How important to confess my sins! Otherwise the Lord does not hear my prayers. When I do confess He forgives and I am blessed!
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Psalms 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
In Psalm 32 I see that
Confession is a sign of godliness; it brings me to the place where we can find God and oh how I need Him daily!
God is my hiding place
God keeps me from trouble
God surrounds me with songs of deliverance
God instructs me
God teaches me the way I should go
God guides me
God surrounds me with His mercy
When David did not confess his sin he said
My bones waxed old - I think he felt very ill and weak
Day and night God's hand is heavy upon me - that is a miserable feeling.
I wept till there were no more tears
I am so thankful that I can come to the Lord anytime as His child and have the assurance that He will forgive when I confess. Then what a burden is lifted and how blessed I am!
Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Do You know this most wonderful, gracious, and merciful God? He has sent His Son to be the Savior of the World. You can have abundant life in Him!
Here it is already the second week of the new year. I already feel behind. Sometimes it feels as though time speeds up and I have to hurry up and get everything done that I need/want to do before I die. Of course, only God knows that day and hour. So thankful that I am ready to meet Him. Are you?
I see many other bloggers out there in the internet world who pick one word for the present year. If I were going to do that I would have to say that my word for this year would be "De-clutter" Oh, not declutter my house necessarily, although there is plenty of room for that, but I really feel like I need to de-clutter my whole life! As I have been dwelling on that for a few days, the Lord has showed me a few ways to help make this possible.
1. Have a time in your day where you read and meditate on God's Word and spend time in prayer. This is where you get orders from Him and He can direct your every step. This is where God can declutter your hear from things or sin that would distract us from doing His will.
Psalms 119:133 Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
2. Make a daily list. There are so many places you can get free printables for a calendar or to do list, or just make your own, or just grab a piece of paper, but have a specific place to write things down that need to be done for the day. Then set those things in order by priority. In other words, have a plan and work on that plan. You are welcome to use any of these simple to do lists. Just click the Download file link.
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, . . .
Psalms 71:1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
3. At the beginning of a new year write down your new yearly goals, Every month make new monthly goals, and every week make new weekly goals. This is something I have a hard time with. I do well at making a daily list, but often forget about setting monthly and weekly goals. Usually my goal is to just get my list done, but it would be better to have something specific to aim at each week, month and year.
1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
4. Now, just do it! I had a teacher in college that used to say if you can't do it, then just do it! Those really are wise words! Sometimes we need to just stop thinking about everything and just start on something. If you need to join challenges on line or follow an organizational site. Fly Lady is a very good site to help declutter your life. Right now I am working along with Mary Organizes and have taken her challenge for this week in getting rid of 10 things a day for 6 days. So far I am on schedule and I am already feeling "lighter" Such a good feeling! So just do it!
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
5. Well, you are finally getting somewhere, you actually made a list and are moving along nicely, but then along comes an interruption - a phone call, a needy person, babysitting services for grand kids. Oh, how frustrating these interruptions can be! But remember, God knows what is best. You don't have to let these interruptions overwhelm you. Place them in the Lord's hands and take this as part of God's ordering your steps for that day. He may have a divine appointment for you in that interruption. Remember, you are clay in the Master potter's hand. Let Him mold you daily to be more like the Master.
Psalms 18:32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect..
Jeremiah 18:6 . . . Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, . . .
One can never declutter their life if they don't know the Lord. Oh, it may seem like you are a great organizer or dejunker and as far as getting your home or office in order, maybe you are great at that! But what about your heart? Has it been declutterd? Declutterd from sin that is. There is One who can declutter it for you and give you abundant life!